Friday, October 5, 2012

DOST Scholar's Final Clearance

A brief guide on getting our freedom fellow scholars!

On  getting your Final Clearance from DOST (dated May 2012)...

  • Have a copy of your Certificate of Employment from your employers. Your total years of working experience should be the same as with some long you enjoyed your scholarship.
  • As for my case, I went to DOST NCR Regional Office in Taguig. I entered the first gate (I think it's Gate #4) along A. Bonifacio Ave. coming from Gen. Santos Ave. Then just ask the guard at the entrance gate on how to go to the DOST-SEI office.
  • At the new SEI building, ask also the guard on the entrance on what room to submit your papers.
  • At the forefront of the room is the receiving section, just ask the lady that you are to claim your final clearance. Just make sure you have your Certificate of Employment photocopied and bring along any proof of identification. After filling out a form, validating your records and submitting the requirements, you will then be asked to go back after 5 working days to claim your final clearance
  • Follow-up first by calling their office before going back, just to make sure they are already there.
  • They will be giving you three letter, one each for the following offices - Bureau of Immigration, Department of Foreign Affairs and National Bureau of Investigation.

Bureau of Immigration (dated September 2012)...
  • There has been a memorandum released by DOJ last June 2012 stating to lift the ban on DOST Scholars from travelling abroad leisurely. You may call BOI through their hotline to verify if your name has been lifted from the watch list, just to double check; though I talked to someone on the hotline and asked me to go to their Intramuros office to verify since their system is not working perfectly.
  • (update) I called up their hotline to finally ask for what to do to assure my flawless exit at the immigration and was advised to go to their main office in Intamuros, Manila... 
    Upon entering the main entrance turn right and go to Window #11 to submit your original clearance from DOST. They will be giving you a number then be seated while waiting for your number to be called. After waiting for about 30 minutes, my number was called at Window #10 and my clearance was returned with a stamp stating I have no derogatory records. The lady told me that it’s all okay now and just present the stamped clearance at the immigration.


Department of Foreign Affairs...
  • When I renewed my passport last January 2012, I swiftly passed all the steps without being blocked or asked any letter from DOST.
  • I also read some blogs that there is a special step wherein you need to present your clearance, perhaps this applies to new applications or maybe my name was not listed (?) or the verifying officer made some mistakes on the process.

National Bureau of Investigation (dated September 2012)...
  • Go to the NBI Head Office along Taft Ave., Manila. Enter their main gate along Taft Ave then get a visitor's pass on the reception.
  • Tell them you are to submit your final clearance from DOST. They should tell you on how to go to the GSD (General Services Division). It was on the 3rd floor of the main building in the middle of the compound.
  • Don't forget to bring the original copy of your clearance and it's photocopy plus an ID.
  • The GSD office is to your left when you reached 3rd floor either by elevator or stairs.
  • Present the mentioned requirements at the receiving table right infront the office's doorsteps.
  • Rest assured it has been processed right away. I haven't acquired yet for my NBI Clearance so can't confirm on how long will it take to clear my name.

Hope this helps! Feel free to comment if there are any changes.

34 comments:

  1. hello! Just to confirm, I was told by a local Immigration officer here in CDO na I have to pay a lifting fee of 3thous plus in Immigration office. Is that true? Also, about the NBI, can I pass my clearance in the local office, or do I really have to go to Manila for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not paid anything when I submitted my clearances to any of the office. I think it is very irrational to pay something since we have rendered the duty they required us. Actually when I called BOI, I think the hotline agent also told me about that fee but when I called again and talking to someone else, he confirmed that there is no fee to be paid. Try calling again and go to the BOI office there. As for the NBI, I am not sure if they receive clearances from branch offices. Btw, I still have a hit due to DOST scholarship when I applied for NBI clearance last Feb. too bad!

      Delete
    2. Hello! Where did you apply for NBI clearance? What did you do when the NBI indicated that there is still a hit due to the scholarship?

      I was a DOST scholar too (with final clearance) and I also applied for NBI clearance. I will be going back in a few days because I also have a hit.

      Delete
    3. I applied at NBI Main (Taft Ave)...on the final clearance it didn't indicate about the scholarship but I'm not sure if it is still in their system now since when I followed up this concern with the staff, she said this might be lifted after the release of my clearance. I don't know veracity of this reasoning..

      Delete
    4. Hello. Just wanna ask, one of the requirements for chemical engineering board exam is NBI clearance. I have not submitted anything to DOST since I graduated, I was just wondering, how soon after I submitted my tor, diploma and stuff will I be able to get that clearance? thanks

      Delete
    5. sorry for late reply, alot around one month or more..processing time now may change so do not cram for this one since you'll be dealing with different government agancies..

      Delete
  2. Hi. I was only given two documents by DOST-SEI when I was finally cleared. One is the Certification for DFA, NBI & BOI; and the other one is solely addressed to the Director of NBI. I was wondering if you have received the same documents as I did. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I know the contact numbers of DOST?.. thanks in advance..ü

      Delete
    2. As I can remember, I was given four clearance documents/papers - general, BOI, DFA and NBI. I'm not sure if they already changed their formats and process since I know also that our hold departure order from BOI has been lifted last year already. Just make sure to submit only the photocopy but also present them the original but don't submit them.

      Delete
  3. Hi may I know the contact numbers of DOST?.. I will be requesting for the final clearance very soon.. thank you very much guys.ü

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. call 837 1333 for more details

      Delete
  4. anyone.. help me please.. I graduated last 2009.. rendered 3 years of work but enjoyed the scholarship for 5 years. I want to work abroad.. do you know some procedures or requirements about this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruby, sorry for the late response. Unfortunately I don't know special procedures like in your case. Maybe you could go to their office for consultations or try calling their hotline as mentioned above. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Ui ruby! (^^,) remember me? Kelangan ku n dn kumuha ng clearance for my passport..nakuha mu n b sau?.

      Delete
  5. question po. since lifted na ang ban sa BOI. marami na po bang nakatravel abroad without those clearances?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the late reply..
      i'm not sure pero kumuha pa din ako ng clearance from BOI para sure although di naman ako so far naharang or nirequest ng clearance whatsoever sa immigration sa airport..already went abroad from NAIA 1, 2, 3 lahat nakalampas ako ng maayos :)

      Delete
  6. hi. i have a bigger problem kasi di pa ako tapos sa shcool and nasa extension na under dost scholarship. i am still waiting for the approval ng extension ko sa university since naka MRR ako. and im planning to work abroad. my trouble is, wat if hindi ma approve ang extension ko? will i still be able to acquire a clearance from DOST?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, I am not aware for cases such as this..I suggest you consult your DOST Scholarship coordinator in your school for cases like this.

      Delete
  7. "student" ba nilalagay nyo sa occupation? tas wala ng hinahanap na ibang documents?

    ReplyDelete
  8. To secure your final clearance, call (02)837-1333 for information.
    First requirement, a letter to the DOST-SEI Director requesting for a final clearance.
    Once you receive your final clearance documents, I went out and supply these govt agencies copies of the clearance.
    To share my experience (Jan. 2015) here are some updated tips:
    1) At NBI main (UN and Taft Avenue), proceed to Visitor’s entrance and tell the guard that you need to go to GSD (general services division) to submit a DOST scholarship document. DON’T ever mention the word “clearance”, this is their trigger word to direct you to the NBI clearance center. Once they give you a visitor’s pass (bring a govt ID with you), they will direct you to go to the 3rd floor where the GSD office can be found.
    2) At the DFA new building (ASEANA complex near MOA), go to gate 3. Then go to Door 5. Then go to Passport division. Tell the guard to direct you to the receiving staff for DOST clearance submission.
    3) For DFA and NBI, make sure you acquire a stamped “received” copy from the receiving staff. This is your only proof that you already submitted the final clearance to these agencies. Do not forget to bring at least 2 government issued IDs with you.
    There is no need to submit your clearance to Bureau of Immigration. Just to be sure (if asked by the Immigration officer), bring your clearance documents when going out of the country.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sir Greggy,

      I would like to ask if you were able to complete the required 4/5 years of service or you secured a clearance even if you haven't completed the required service.

      I am confused whether DOST scholars can already work abroad even if they will not be able to complete the 4/5-year required service.

      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Hi Anonymous,

      The final clearance is only released when either you already completed the work obligation (4/5 years) or paid (with interest) the remaining years of required service. It is only fair that we give back. Good luck!

      I would recommend you to call DOST SEI 837-1333.

      Delete
  9. Do you usually get a hit from the NBI should you have pending cases with other government agencies like travel bans, etc? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not graduate. I enjoyed the scholarship for 4 years. I am working as a call center agent for almost 4 years. Is it possible that I can secure final clearance after I finished working for 4 years? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same question here. Pwede ba ang call center?

      Delete
  11. Please call (02)837-1333 for further inquiries regarding fulfilling obligations. They are very helpful, medyo busy lang lagi sila pero matulungin sila.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello sir,

    I am a fresh graduate. I am planning to work abroad after I finish my return service. Magtatanong lang po sana kung meron bang certain requirement na dapat ma meet ang company na papasukan ng isang scholar para valid yong return service? Thank you po sa response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sa pagkakaalam ko wala namang requirement sa company, as long as sa Pilipinas ka nagwork, ayos na yun. Di ko lang alam kung may nabago sa mga patakaran nila ngayon

      Delete
    2. Okay po, salamat :) Godbless.

      Delete
    3. Hello po, tanong lang po. What if mag business. Ano po mga requirements para credited yung business? Thank you po.

      Delete
    4. Sorry, hindi ako familiar kapag nag business ka. Pwede mo siguro itanong yan sa mismong DOST.

      Delete
  13. Graduating student ako and DOST Scholar I have plans of working hence living in Australia after board exam. Does the travel ban apply to me? Do I need to get the clearance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ban is lifted and you can travel. There was a memo from the DOJ on that. BOI is under DOJ, not DFA. But just to be sure, get yourself a clearance from the DOST, you don't want to be blocked by an immigration officer, right?

      Delete
  14. Hi, I just want to ask if it's okay na magtrabaho ka under an international company pero nandito lang naman sa Pinas nakabase like remote work lang? Would the return service still be valid pag ganun?

    Hoping for a reply soon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete